Sunday, September 1, 2019

Famous Last Words: A Clean Home and a Peaceful Mind

This summer was a lovely one for me - we were living in Maryland for my husband, Alan's, internship at NASA, which left me with very little in the way of time commitments. I did babysit for the neighbors a few times a week for most of the summer, which kept me somewhat busy, but mostly I was able to take the first legitimate, relaxing break I've had in who knows how long. It really was fantastic - the couple we were staying with dropped by usually at least once a week to kidnap me and take me on some fun excursion, and I had time to read for fun for what feels like the first time in years!
Getting back here to Oklahoma was pretty hectic, though - our car broke down in Tennessee and we ended up stranded there with some friends of friends until my father-in-law could come save us, then we had to find a new vehicle in the two days we had left before classes and work started back up, so there was a lot of stress as the semester began. Since then we've been trying to find time to finish unpacking and finally feel like we've settled back into our lives here.
So, this week has finally been an accomplishment in that regard! Today, my husband and I spent half the day just unpacking, cleaning, and generally de-cluttering our home, and I feel like a new me. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes to live in a well-organized environment, isn't it? It got me thinking about some of the things we've been talking about in this class, as far as setting ourselves up for success. We've talked a little bit about being in a good mindset, and I was just marveling at how much I feel like my mindset changes when I feel comfortable and homey in the place where I spend most of my time. It does so much for me to be able to have a little haven to return to at the end of the day, where I can just feel peaceful, and a clean apartment is a huge part of that. I'm looking forward to a much more organized week!



Cleaning Bucket

No comments:

Post a Comment